Sunday, February 19, 2012

The damn thing gone wild...

I have a brief post today, but I still aspire to deliver you a recipe full of substance. It was a peaceful Sunday for me, but far from reserved on flavor. I arose this morning, placed a roast in the slow cooker with a jar of pepperoncini's then abondoned it all day. About 4 o'clock I made a spicy horseradish mayo, and by 5'thirty I had consumed a shredded pepper beef sandwich with a courageous horseradish mayo. Appreciate your Sunday evening, and plan for tomorrow's post.





Slow Cooker Shredded Beef and Peppers




4-5 lb beef rump roast (fat trimmed)
1 jar pepperoncini's
slow cooker
sandwich buns




Place roast and 1 jar of pepperoncini's (juices included) into a slow cooker, cook 5-6 hrs on high or 8-9 hrs on low.




Pull meat from slow cooker, let cool and shred. Place on bread with peppers and horseradish sauce.




Spicy Horseradish Sauce




1/2 C sour cream
1/2  C mayonnaise
1/4 C horseradish
1 T Dijon
1 T hot paprika (or more if you like it spicy)
salt and pepper




Combine all ingredients, and chill.


Until tomorrow...Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment