Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The air was more than human, and the heat was more than hungry...

It's summer, it's hot, and with temperatures sky high I prefer to eat light and refreshing dishes. I indulge in a salad almost daily, as I have been experimenting with more than just the average garden salad. This is a garbanzo ginger salad. It is sharp and bright. The fresh ginger is the star in my opinion, but this bold flavor is sweetened by the carrot. This packs the protein and nutrition for a slow picnic and walk through the park. This would also be an ideal dish to take to your next summer picnic, as it can stand up to the heat. Keep cool, and I hope you all enjoy.   


You know my name, not my story. You've heard what I have done, but not what I have been through.
-anonymous


Ginger Garbanzo Salad
Ingredients
  • 2 cups canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1/2 cup cashews, lightly chopped
  • 2 large carrots, finely grated
  • 1 scallion, finely chopped
  • 3/4 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne
  • 2 teaspoons paprkia
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • salt and pepper as desired
Instruction
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Toss to combine.

Until tomorrow...Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Was that beans? Very good for you...wish I could eat them. I am allergic.!

    ReplyDelete