Sunday, February 5, 2012

Catch a Ride on the Orient Express...

My apologies for the lack of postings this past week (I wish that everyone has continued making delicious dishes). I have been doing quite a bit of cooking, so be sure to note my new delights. Superbowl, not something that really strikes my fancy, but a worthy excuse to prepare some new treats nonetheless. I have always been an avid admirer of any type of pot sticker or dumpling, so this is what I am delivering to you today. These little packages make great hors d'oeuvres or a charming lunch with an Asian salad. I chose to combine pork and shrimp, and was pleased with the combination. The dipping sauce was salty, sweet, and spicy an appropriate flavor for every palate. I admire Asian culture and the vast array of flavors they import to the table. I anxiously await hearing what everyone arranged for the big game day.


Pork and Shrimp Pot Stickers

3/4 lb ground pork
15 large shrimp chopped
1 C shredded cabbage
5 green onions chopped
1 T fresh grated ginger
1 T olive oil (more for the sauteing)
1 T soy sauce
1 t cumin
1 t ground white pepper
1 t cayenne pepper
won ton wrappers

Brown the pork, let cool and set aside. Once pork is cooled combine with all ingredients and toss.
Take one won ton wrapper at a time a place a small spoonful into the center. With your finger wet all edges of the wrapper with water, fold diagonally and press until sealed. In a saucepan heat a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat place pot stickers in pan ( you will need to do this in batches). Brown on each side about 5 min per side, until golden and cooked through the center.

Dipping Sauce

2 T soy sauce
4 T teriyaki sauce
2 T honey
1 t sriracha sauce
1 t grated ginger
chopped scallions

Whisk all ingredients. You can adjust the sriracha to the heat level you desire

Until tomorrow...Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment