Wednesday, August 1, 2012

It's these little things, they can pull you under Live your life filled with joy and wonder...

Today I have a super simple, but satisfying appetizer. Spicy warm corn dip. I used fresh corn for this, but am sure when it is not in season canned corn would work just fine. I was in charge of bringing an appetizer to a recent dinner party, and decided this was a dish that would cater to almost all taste buds. I knew the dinner menu was going to have a Mexican flare, so this was truly fitting. You simply combine corn, cheese, chipotle peppers, a jalapeno, and some spices and then bake. Once the dish is removed from the oven a simple garnish of cilantro, onions, and tomatoes delivers completion. I warmed the tortilla chips I served alongside, but this is a personal preference. This will certainly be a go to dip for me in the future (excellent for game day). 



Spicy Corn Dip
Ingredients
  • 2c cheddar cheese, grated
  • 1c jack cheese, grated
  • 1 chipotle in adobo, finely diced
  • 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
  • 1/2c mayonnaise
  • 1/4t garlic powder
  • 4 ears corn, cooked and taken off the cob
  • 1 small tomato, chopped
  • 2T cilantro, chopped
  • 2T green onion, thinly sliced
Instructions

Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl, mix together cheeses, chipotle, jalapeño, mayo, garlic powder, and corn. Reserve remaining ingredients. Spread into a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden, melted, and bubbly around edges. Sprinkle tomatoes, cilantro, and green onions on top of hot dip. Serve promptly with corn chips.

Until tomorrow...Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I can see this in the fall with folks that watch football. Which I do not, of course.
    Maybe sports and cooking go together - the again, cooking could be a sport. I am babbling!
    But everyone needs several "starter" dishes, since we are called on this often.
    Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete